How You Can Help NPLGC

Urge Your Federal Elected Officials to Support MUCRA

In June 2005, the Multiple-Use Conflict Resolution Act (MUCRA) was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives as H.R. 3166. Please contact your Congressional representative and two United States senators and request they cosponsor MUCRA for ecological, economic, fiscal, social and political reasons. If you don't know who your federal elected officials are or how to contact them, you can either:

Make a Financial Contribution

Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. Please make checks payable to "Western Watersheds Project (NPLGC)" and send to:

National Public Lands Grazing Campaign
c/o The Larch Company
1213 Iowa Street
Ashland, OR 97520

Your contribution will be deposited in a special account for use by the Campaign. Thank you!

Buy a Copy of Welfare Ranching: The Subsidized Destruction of the American West

Knowledge is power. Welfare Ranching is the best book available on the public lands grazing crisis. If not available at your local bookstore, you can order it here.

Read and Share the Campaign Information Packet

Write a Letter to the Editor

Letters to the editor are the most read part of any newspaper. Check your paper's submission guidelines (usually printed on the same page) and keep your letter within the word limit. Thanks for helping create the "buzz!"

Join a Conservation Organization Working on Public Lands Livestock Grazing

Solicit Organizations to Endorse Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout

The National Public Lands Grazing Campaign is seeking organizational endorsements for MUCRA and voluntary federal grazing permit buyout. Conservation, recreation, professional and/or civic organizations can register their support for both on the NPLGC website endorsement page at

Keep Up to Date

Join the NPLGC listserve to receive periodic updates on voluntary federal grazing permit buyout.